CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Party Animal!

What's a birthday without a party?? I love planning parties and i'm not really sure why because they just stress me out! But, I am so happy that Kohen's party turned out so well! First off, I just wanted Kohen to enjoy the day so I made sure he got his morning nap, which he slept for 3 hours!! Just enough time for us to get everything prepared and decorated. And with the help of Aunt Heather, he was dressed and fed so he could be ready to go!
The biggest thing that stressed me out was the cake. I had a really cute idea for a monkey & banana cake but original plans fell through and I needed to simplify if I had any chance of making it on my own. So, I tried my had at making a fondant monkey for a cake topper. I did a practice run with Play dough first... (a brown monkey is much cuter than a neon orange and green one!)


I was satisfied with the way it turned out, however, I failed to store it in a cool enough place and he melted a little by the time Kohen's party came around.

Jeremy was such a big help with decorating the cupcakes and Kohens cake that morning. I still hadn't quite figured out what I was going to do with his cake. I really wanted to put the bananas all over the cake so it looked like a pile of bananas the monkey was on but they are hard candies and Kohen couldn't eat them so I didn't really know what to do with it. I had gone back and forth with so many ideas in my head I just didn't care any more. Luckily, I have a husband who is frighteningly good at everything he does so he did Kohens cake while I worked on the cupcakes.
Finally....
Decorations were up, cakes and drinks were in place.... Let the fun begin!

My friend at work is amazing at making any thing to do with scrapbook paper so I asked her to make me a banner. I love how it turned out!!!!


This was Kohen in his Born To Be Wild shirt while we were finishing setting things up...
We started with presents and boy did he make a haul! He's so lucky to have so many friends and family that came.

These were the first 3 presents he opened: the chair, bubbles and some books. Obviously he was content with just those but we were just getting started...


He loves this chair, given to him by his cousins, he opened almost all of his presents sitting in it while cousin, Dawson supplied the presents and mom assisted in opening them... talk about spoiled!



Does this picture show the excitement or what!? I think he was satisfied. (I didn't have time to photoshop so his arm looks like its broken or something. I promise it's not!)
There was just one thing that was slightly unplanned, the cupcakes started melting before we ate them but hey, frosting is frosting and it tastes good in any form! (especially the rainbow chip kind... mmm.)
But ofcourse, nothing will stand in the way of a 1 year old and their cake. Kohen just dug right in.


And we couldn't let a hot sunny day go to waste without going swimming!

It was a great 1st birthday (I'm sure Kohen would agree) and thank you to everyone who came to make it great!

0 comments: