CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What Kind of Dog are You??

Yes, I am blogging about my dog. I don't have any kids to take up my time or attention when my husband isn't home, so something has to! Anyway, we took Koda to get a haircut since the weather is starting to warm up. (Or was until today) With him being a mix, I always find it interesting that he looks like a totally different dog when he gets groomed. Koda is a Shih-poo (shihtzu-poodle). He looks like a shihtzu, with slightly curly hair, when his hair is long. And I love his long hair because he is just a big ball of fur! But it is such a pain to take care of when you have to fight him to brush all his snarls out everyday.

So this is Koda before his haircut. I have come to the conclusion that he has the body build of the shihtzu but the height of the poodle. He is a lot taller than all his shihtzu friends.
This is koda after his haircut. Does he look like the same dog to you? Not to me! This is when the poodle in him comes out. (He almost looks like a schnauzer in this picture.) It must be hiding somewhere under all that fur! The first time we got him groomed I was completely shocked because he looks so different. (Plus Petsmart was the one to groom him the first time and they basically skinned the poor thing! We have since found a much better groomer!)
I wish I could post his fur on the computer becuase it is soooooooo SOFT! He is like a little cuddly teddy bear you don't want to let go! I guess in a way I have 2 dogs in 1!

0 comments: